‘at spes non fracta ‘…. latin for ‘ but my hope remains unbroken‘ … taken from the hope family motto.
all items made by hope are made as well as possible to reflect this motto.
more than 20 years of the dedicated pursuit of manufacturing our products to the same quality and characteristics of the original samples have become the hallmark of our company name.
the inclusion of the natural characteristic marks in timber and stone during the selection stages is part of the process of manufacturing from natural materials and adds a subtle nuance to our products.
we believe that purchase of our products is a long term investment in carefully made functional pieces of furniture for future generations to enjoy.
part of this investment is in the following of the advised maintenance schedule supplied with the order as well as available on our website: https://hopegf.com.
hope garden furniture cc warrants our products for 5 years to be free of defects and of acceptable material and workmanship.
hope will undertake to replace or repair, at its own cost, in the first year of ownership if there are indications of defective workmanship and materials.
timber products are despatched untreated and are susceptible to expansion and contraction caused by changes in temperature and climate.
this may result in surface checking, shrinking or cupping of timber. the natural characteristics of wood cannot be warranted against.
due to the folding facilities of the chair, various components come into contact with one another, causing evidence of wear. unfortunately this is unavoidable.
the hope warranty will not cover any products with the rust finish if any of the below recommendations have not been adhered to:
- rust products are not suitable for coastal environments.
- rubber feet will trap the water and accelerate corrosion.
- rust marks on the floor surface are inevitable.
- oiling will help prevent hidden corrosion on the rust finish. failure to do so could impede the folding mechanism.
long periods of neglect will compromise the life span and result in the furniture requiring special attention.
hope will NOT undertake replacement or repair at its own cost if:
1. the recommended finishes for the appropriate situation are not observed at time of purchase.
2. on inspection the proposed maintenance schedule is determined to have not been followed.
3. items are deemed damaged in circumstances other than within normal and expected use.i.e. sitting on our chairs, at our tables.
please contact us should you have a query with regards the above.